Please excuse the likely typos in presenter's names. I didn't have much time to capture them.
- Durham is the capital of Closure
- Better concurrency
- Learn something new
- Book - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
- Functional programming is programming with ideas
- "Pick something out of your comfort zone and get hammered."
Joe Jackson - Refactoring Made Easy (aka How To Make A Chrome Extension)
- Adding markdown support to MindMeister
- Chrome app is a regular web app, plus a manifest file
DeeDee Lavinder, Kheanng Lim, Nick Passeraller
- Showed off IronYard sample app, Lunchpad (WIP)
- Demo day is December 12
Ian Pointer - Refinements, A Better Class Of Monkey-patching In Ruby
- Global scope
- Which patch wins?
- Many code paths can result in non-deterministic monkeys running around
- Refinements are class-scoped monkey-patches (automatically un-applied when class is closed)
Mark Hutchinson - How to shake hands
- Point at the other person's elbow
Jordan Cauley* - Sails Framework
- Rails-like generators for JSON APIs
- Uses sockets to update clients
- Build your own Parse (Facebook) or Firebase (Google) replacement
* I think that's his website.
- Use random samples to infer things about a full set