International Festival 2015
This weekend saw the 30th annual International Festival. I went before in 2012 and 2013, so yesterday (Saturday) was my third time. As usual we had a great time and sampled many food items.
- Brazil - pão de queijo (cheese bread ball) stuffed with sautéed beef and onions
This was SO GOOD! The bread is made with tapioca flour, so it's gluten free too!
- Vietnam - coffee bubble tea
Last year I was able to get milk bubble tea, which was better, but it wasn't available this time.
- Korea - bulgogi
I've been on a bulgogi craze lately.
- Bangladesh - samosa; mango lassi
These were very similar to Indian dishes, but the spices were different. For instance the mango lassi was much tangier than I've ever had it.
- Holland - stroopwafel; mild cheese sample
It was good, but I should have gotten the spicy cheese sample instead.
- Peru - causa - mashed potatoes sandwiching chicken salad
I wasn't sure what to expect, but this tasted better than it sounds.
- Brazil - pão de queijo stuffed with cream cheese
- Palestine - lemon mint smoothie
Allea got one of these, and it was surprisingly delicious. It reminded us of a mojito.